Sleepless nights and lack of time for yourself is just something that comes with the package when you join the Mamma club. When even getting out the door can be a challenge, you really want a hair routine that’s going to make you feel fabulous, with minimal effort.
One of my favourite things to do when I need a little boost is treat myself to a big, bouncy blow dry, but going for regular blow dries is pretty high maintenance and I’ve learnt how I can have bouncy hair everyday without visiting a salon.
I only wash my hair twice a week and keep it looking fresh with a spritz of dry shampoo here and there.
- Wash hair with a simple shampoo, nothing too heavy- I always wash my hair twice through, they do this in the salon and I do think it makes a difference.
- Only put conditioner through the ends
- Towel dry hair and apply oil to the ends of the hair, I use one from SHOW beauty or Kerastase, a little goes a long way!
- Using a Tangle Teezer brush hair and rough dry. Continue until hair is 100% dry
- Using 6-8 sleep rollers (depending on how thick your hair is) place through the middle section and hair that frame the face
- Pull the rest of the hair into a low bun and secure using a Kirby grip
- In the morning take out rollers and gently brush hair through
- Section hair starting with the bottom
- Take 1 inch section and use a straightening iron to curl and continue until you’ve done your whole head
- Finish with a spritz of hairspray and brush out following the direction of the curl with a round brush