There’s no getting away from the fact, that the moment you have a baby you have less time to spend on things like hair and make-up. It would be very easy to just forget about putting make-up in the morning and if that works for you, then great. But, that just didn’t happen for me. I still want to spend a bit of time each morning making myself look (even just a bit) more polished (and awake).
Since becoming a Mum, my make-up routine has changed, I find that I need each product to work harder , last longer and make me look refreshed, even when I’m running on a few hours kip.
I’m lucky that in my day job (marketing for House of Fraser), I get to try out some amazing products, I’m not an expert so all of the below are really easy to use.
Currently my favourite things below:
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, £43: A moisturiser and a primer in one, I find this really helps my make-up last all day. Whether I’m running out the house at 7am to get to my desk or chasing Axel round the park it really doesn’t move.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Long Wear Foundation, £31: I’ve introduced so many of my friends to this foundation and all are total converts. I’d been using Laura Mercier Silk Creme for about 10 years until I was introduced to this.
- Max Factor Masterpiece Lash Crown Mascara, £10.99: Now I don’t have an hour every few weeks to spare to have eyelash extensions, I had to find a good mascara. It took me a while and I tried some really expensive ones (the Chantecaille Faux Cils one is amazing but too much £££) and then I was introduced to Max Factor. It’s AMAZING! There’s different textures of brush on the wand so you can pick up every last lash.
- Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette, Beauty Glow, £49: I was never a fan of a palette until I came across this. This is perfect if I’m rushing to do my make-up as everything is in the one place- 3 eye shadows, blush, contour, highlight etc.. They don’t call it five minute face for no reason.
- Benefit Gimme Brow, £20.50: They stopped doing this for a little while and I am so so happy that it’s back. Simply brush it across your brows for a fuller more groomed look- seriously idiot proof!
And that’s it. By this point I’m usually downing a cup of tea and running out the door…(looking awake at least!)