I spent the early years of my life living in the Algarve, regulary holidayed and then eventually got married there, but this was my first trip back since having Axel.
We only had 5 nights and with me being heavily pregnant and my husband on crutches we wanted to chill and make the holiday as simple as possible. Quinta do Lago was the perfect choice for us as we knew we wouldn’t need to do much exploring and could just enjoy the gorgeous weather, food and maybe even some relaxing!
I’ve rounded up where we stayed, ate etc… but if you’re looking for a great family break I couldn’t recommend it highly enough. It’s only 20 minutes from the airport, all the Ubers have car seats and everywhere you go is geared up for kids.
Where we stayed:
The Conrad, Algarve https://www.conradalgarve.com
The Conrad is probably the most luxurious hotel in the area, but I’d highly recommend it for a family holiday. It’s the perfect balance between child and adult friendly- a hotel that the adults will enjoy as much as the kids!
A few things that stood out for us:
- Rooms and beds are a great size (we ended up co-sleeping with Axel and we were all having 13 hours a night!)
- Baths have TV’s which means you can do your make-up/get ready while kids are in the bath (always a win!)
- Bathroom is stocked with baby toiletries
- Small kids pool, which is great for little ones
- Little C Palace kids club is incredible (Axel wasn’t old enough but reading all of the activities available made us excited for when he is)
- Shaded play area
- Lots of little pathways to push the pram when it’s nap time!
- You can request baby monitors, high chairs, toys etc… in your room
- There is a dedicated ‘pre-checkin area’ if your room is not ready that you can go to with kids with toys, cots etc…
- Shuttle bus to the beach
Child friendly restaurants:
I won’t list all of our favourite restaurants and most in the area are child friendly, but these are the ones which have something a bit extra:
- Quinta Burger- there’s a dedicated kids club in the restaurant, so you can eat while the kids play!
- Koko- a restaurant attached to the driving range with a kids play area
- Pizzeria Casavostra- most kids menus are pretty rubbish, but this Italian does half portions of the normal meals. It’s really busy so you have to book!